American Sign Language
Online Course for Learning to Sign
American Sign Language Online Training
Learn to sign in no time with over 65 practical videos. This online course covers everything from ASL grammar and vocabulary to Deaf etiquette.
What’s vibrant, visually stunning, engaging and used by around 2.5 million people? American Sign Language.
ASL is the third most-used language in the United States, after English and Spanish.
American Sign Language is a visual language, a language of movement. Following videos is the easiest way to learn to sign correctly. So we updated our ASL course to include 66+ videos for you to watch the signs and practice them as many times as you like.
You can study this fresh, modern and easy-to-learn ASL online, in your own time, from anywhere you like.
Powerful reasons to learn sign language include:
- Being able to interact with the 500,000 people who use ASL every day and the 2 million who have ASL as a second language
- Communicating better with the Deaf community – your customers, colleagues, family and friends
- Communicating with babies who can learn to sign single words and gestures by eight months. They can express themselves before they can talk
- Being able to get your message across if you are losing your hearing
- Exercising your brain while learning a vibrant, expressive language
- Learning American Sign Language can lead to incredible opportunities and open doors in your career or personal life
Learning American Sign Language with International Open Academy takes you beyond the basics. This accredited course covers:
- humor and fun expressions
- ASL grammar and technique
- loads of vocabulary
- Deaf etiquette
Be an impressive ASL communicator and storyteller from the get-go. Learn American Sign Language with our fun-to-study video course and start signing today.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This course includes more than 3 hours of videos for you to see how to sign and to follow correctly. With these fun, easy-to-learn lessons, you will quickly master ASL and be able to:
- Hold conversations, ask questions and share jokes
- Grasp the different ways that ASL is communicated – signing, facial expressions, body movement
- Practice signing alongside your course tutor so you will see exactly what you need to do
- Know the most important signs to get you started
- ASL basics such as fingerspelling, introducing yourself, getting a conversation started, and grammar
- Discover more about Deaf etiquette so you feel comfortable in any situation
- Understand the history and background of American Sign Language
- Use humor and fun expressions to take you beyond basic conversations and polite small talk. Humor is also a great ice-breaker when meeting new people
By the end of the course, you will have a strong foundation to easily learn more signs and hold more-rounded conversations by studying our American Sign Language: Level 2 course.